All 14 art Reviews

Tree Village Tree Village

Gave me a pleasant surprise when I logged into Newgrounds today. It actually complements the site design quite nicely, makes it seem more comforting and homely (which is something I haven't felt about it for a while)

but I guess I should review the piece on its own, so I'll say I really like the depth it gives the eye to look into it, while still being focused and feeling like an enclosed space. There's lots of details to notice, but it's not cluttered - you can tell what's in the foreground and what lies off into the distance.
it reminds me faintly of some Cyan worlds, like channelwood, or the moiety age from Riven.

Overall very well composed, and the colour design gives it a relaxing mood while also creating little sparks of interest.

beekart responds:

Thank you for taking the time and telling me this :D
I appreciate it alot!
Also, Kudos to the guy who picked it out to put it on the background of the website right :P

Eyepatch Eyepatch

heeeeeeeey I like it.

The wide strokes and subtle shades of grey set a great mood, and having the one eye exposed makes the expression seem more piercing than it would with two, like she's examining you intensely, maybe from a distance. also the smoke is a nice touch

an an

how did i get here

i wish to return to whence i was previously, please

Fluttershy Adventures Fluttershy Adventures

Huh âEU¦

That's an interesting way of looking at it, I suppose. Never mind that this kind of "truth behind the psychological veil" thing has already been done with just about every childish and innocent thing in existence though. (That Pokémon copypasta in which Ash was in a coma springs to mind.)

Still, curious to see where this could lead if you decide to continue it.
Can't really rate you for the actual art though; I'd say it was mediocre at best.

Different Colors Different Colors

I'm impressed.

Congratulations on not letting this deteriorate into your typical debauchery; this piece actually looks semi-dignified.

I also like that you managed to keep the face in the placid cartoony style, instead of that terrifying expression they always wore in the high-detail sequences.

How to age like a pro. How to age like a pro.

Enlightening

This is amazing.

Now New and Improved! Now New and Improved!

If it's not answering too little

Could you read an unfunny comment I have responded to as well?

Happy Thaksgeving Happy Thaksgeving

hey

Nice to see you're still putting out quality content.

ggggggggggggggggbg ggggggggggggggggbg

i came

i came

Animatigo responds:

TWICE?!

Catgirl +collab+ Catgirl +collab+

I've seen this before ...

This mainly caught my eye because I read the same tutorial as you. XD

It's a better colouring in than most of the ones I've seen for this piece, besides the original one, of course. I won't go into too much detail about the rest of the piece because it's mainly V-Tan's work ... not that many people here are acknowledging that.

I think you're getting a bit too much credit for this piece in particular, but I can see you've done plenty on your own so it's not a problem.

But seriously, to those reviewers calling it "hentai" or "kinky" or whatever, wtf? ghost001's review made me laugh though. XD

suwako responds:

yes, this tutorial was very helpful! (and i am a huge fan of v-tan!)

i agree with you, which is why i am not really replying to reviews on this piece, i clearly put this was just colouring and it is a collab, yet people still don't seem to get it DX

but thank you!